Bruce LaBruce: The Haus of Bruce LaBruce –
The first-ever UK solo exhibition by Canadian underground adult film director, photographer, writer and queer provocateur, Bruce LaBruce (Hustler White, The Raspberry Reich, Otto; or, Up With Dead People, L.A. Zombie). Curated by Bren O’Callaghan and Andrew Ellerby.
Presented in the intimate, labyrinth-like warren of Gallery 46 – two renovated Georgian terrace houses spanning 3 floors and 8 rooms – a focus upon new, unseen work and creative collaborations includes female sub/dom dungeon partners; a dark, romance-infused photoplay of young male BMX bikers in Madrid; collaborations with Tony Ward, Ron Athey and François Sagat, plus stills from LaBruce’s latest feature presentation, The Misandrists, featuring recurring muse Susanne Sachße.
A programme of special events features a responsive live art series, screening of rare short films, artist Q&A, tours and a performance club night.
Exhibition : 27th Oct – 11th Nov – Bruce La Bruce / The Haus of Bruce LaBruce (@ Gallery 46)
- FRI 27th Oct Preview with durational performance piece from live artist Katy Baird
- SAT 28th Oct Curator talk – led by Bren O’Callaghan
- SAT 28th Oct Artist’s Shorts Programme and Q&A with Bruce LaBruce @ location TBC
- SAT 28th Oct Performance Club Night @ VFD w/BLB DJ-ing and performances
- SAT 04th Nov Performance Saturday – presenting a live artists performance response to the exhibition
- SAT 11th Nov tour by Dr João Florêncio. Lecturer in History of Modern and Contemporary Art and Visual Culture, University of Exeter – Joao will also be providing an exhibition text/essay.